In line with our summer plans, Alex and I took a trip to the 9/11 memorial, finally, also visited the new observation deck in Tower One (we'll have to go back another time to see the museum). The memorial is powerful and moving and the views from the observatory are a beautiful reminder of just how strong, unique, and amazing this city of ours is.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Monday, June 22, 2015
For two weekends each summer there is a picnic on Governors Island where all the attendees dress up in Jazz Age costumes, sip cocktails, dance the Charleston and listen to jazz bands. So last weekend I grabbed a vintage dress (that used to belong to my mom) out of my closet, tied a beaded bracelet around my head and went. It was a lovely time. The highlight though was when Bill Cunningham took my photo; talk about a New York moment.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Organic heirloom tomatoes were available for the first time at our local Whole Foods this past weekend which to me means summer is officially upon us (we used them to make panzanella, yum). As I've done in past years, I thought I'd share the goals / activities I'm hoping to accomplish this summer.
- Read (but like, for real. does anyone else feel like they never have time?)
- Plan our fall getaway to San Francisco
- Visit the 9/11 memorial & museum (a bit embarrassed we have yet to do this)
- Watch a movie at the drive-in
- Picnic, lots
- Improve my running skills
- Start a homemade weekend brunch tradition
- Take a dance class
- Try all the ice cream on this list (and maybe try making some too)
- Explore Chinatown
Wish me luck!